St. Peter’s Teens in Action
The St. Peter’s Teens in Action Youth Group is built on the premise that the teens and youth of our parish are a blessing and a gift. Teens are an integral and important part of our parish family as they are the future of our church and they bring unique talents to our parish family.
We strive to:
- Provide a safe zone where teens can connect to each other to share their faith in a fun way.
- Help teens be authentic in their sharing and to find and live out their connection to God.
- Be a place for teens to develop friendships with others who share similar morals and values and to be known for something other than academics or sports.
- Empower young people to live as disciples of Jesus Christ in our world today.
- Challenge teens to find their inner strength to put their God-given talents to use to learn what it means to serve others as Christ did.
- Draw young people to responsible participation in the life, mission, and work of the St. Peter’s faith community.
- Foster the total, personal and spiritual growth of each young person and find the best in each teen.
- Be concerned with the whole person, addressing young people’s spiritual needs in the context of other parts of their lives.
We are truly blessed to have an active teen population in our parish and are very appreciative of the support of the parish to help keep our “teens in action,” living out their faith!
Erika Fleig (Erika.email@example.com)
The St. Peter’s Teens in Action had a packed first half the year, filled with service and fellowship. Dozens of volunteers helped out with the Cars and Clams Picnic and the Christmas Fair, serving parishioners and families, and helping with setup and cleanup. We also enjoyed some fun outings to the Haunted Graveyard at Lake Compounce and a night at the movies and bowling over Christmas break. And of course, our monthly meetings, where we always welcome new teens looking to become involved, were filled with laugher and conversation designed to deepen our faith with Christ, with each other, and with our community. We generally meet on the first Sunday of each month from 6-8 in the church hall.
The Teens in Action will be busy in 2020 with many activities and events as we continue to prepare for our trip this summer with Catholic Heart Work Camp. This year, our drive will be short, but our week will be full, serving as the hands of Christ close to home in HARTFORD, July 5th – 10th. Watch for us throughout the next few months and mark your calendars.
- Valentine’s Day “Oh Fudge” fundraiser in January and February
- Teens in Action Eucharistic Adoration in March
- Living Stations of the Cross in April
- Youth Mass to celebrate St. Peter’s 60th in May
- Wash While you Worship Car Wash and Bake Sale in June
It’s hard to believe it’s already 2019. We’re quickly planning for a number of upcoming events, including the Roses for Autism Fundraiser in January and February and the Living Stations of the Cross during Lent.
Some important upcoming activities and dates to remember:
- Roses for Autism: Teens will take orders after all masses the last two weekends in January and the first weekend in February. All red, all pink, all yellow, all orange or rainbow dozens available this year for $25/dozen. Orders will be distributed after masses on Feb. 9th and 10th.
- Next Regular Meeting: February 10th